How to start your own lab
- Start: May 14, 2019 12:00 AM (Local Time Germany)
- End: May 15, 2019 12:00 AM
- Location: MPIPZ
- Room: SR I
The aim of this workshop is to provide postdocs and junior group leaders at MPg with an op-portunity to build their understanding, skills and confidence in how to successfully generate their own group. and also to manage all the challenging tasks, such as getting funded, find your scientific niche and how to lead people. this will enhance their overall effectiveness as they pursue their independent research studies and maximize success of their future careers.
The highly interactive workshop trains participants to develop successful strategies in fun-ding, science, Management and People.
- Funding. Funding strategies,networking and collaboration, planning and managing the start as group leader.
- Science–How to get independent from the supervisor, how to find mentors, how to perform in interdisciplinary research
- People–Leadership and team structures, hiring and firingstaff, feedback,negotiation and conflict management.
PD DR. Alexander schiller, PS Dr Daniel Mertens, Schiller&Mertens, Dr. Phillipp Gramlich, Naturalscience.careers