Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Cologne
Type of Job
Job offer from December 19, 2017
The Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research in Cologne offers a position for a Postdoc Coordinator.
The successful candidate will hold a PhD degree in life sciences and has previous experience and strong interest in science management and coordination tasks. Excellent communication skills in English and proficiency in computer applications (MS office, internet, social media databases, content management systems) is essential. Knowledge of the German language would be an advantage. The ideal candidate will be proactive, is solution-oriented and an excellent communicator with people at all levels and enjoys working in an international and highly interactive environment.
- supporting organized, regular and structured training of postdocs that complements their laboratory based training
- organizing courses/workshops on professional and technical skills and an annual retreat for postdocs
- contribute to making MPIPZ research findings and events visible in social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- work closely with the scientific departments to help promote scientific communication at the institute and to ensure postdocs receive appropriate and timely career advice
- cooperate with other academic institutions in the region to support the above tasks
- support organization of Institute’s weekly seminar series
The part-time position (60 percent) is available immediately and the initial contract is for three years with the possibility of an extension. Salary and social benefits will be in accordance with the regulations of the German TVöD Bund (salary agreement for public service employees).
The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Please send your detailed application as a single pdf file firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th February 2018 including a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter describing your motivation for applying for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ms von Ciriacy-Wantrup
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research